Friday, September 21, 2012

Ankommen

The Vienna airport is nice, modern even.  I would like to complain about my customs experience upon entering Vienna.  There wasn't any.  Why wasn't I asked pointless questions about my whereabouts and subjected to a random baggage search?  Really.  Where were the sniffing dogs lead by underpaid security workers?  What about the part where I get really frustrated for having to wait in line...again.  Boy, these people need to get their act together.

Anyway, I got out and into a taxi with my four bags.  It was surprisingly cheap and saved me the trouble of hauling my belongings around Vienna in search of a hotel that I couldn't have found on my own.

Fun fact, the name of my hotel is "Hotel Zipser."  Great name.


2 comments:

  1. So, looks like someone will be calling TSA in Vienna soon. Thanks Jonathan for making them aware. Your are just too nice by thinking of us future travelers.

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You arrived there from Berlin - so you travelled within the European Union. Why should there be custom control?

    Your blog is really great - hope to see you in Berlin soon!
    Jens

    ReplyDelete